And anyone else who might be interested.
How to add an image to a post when it's not already in an My Opera album.
1. Start a new post as normal.
2. In the bottom right corner of the New blog post window is the Add images/files area. Click on the Upload new link.
3. You will now be asked to select a file on your own computer to upload to My Opera. Either type the path into the box, or click Choose… to bring up the standard MS Open window.
4. Once you have your file selected (the box will now be filled in), click on UPLOAD FILE. Uploading may take a while depending on the size of the image and the speed of your connection.
5. When the image is uploaded to Opera, you will see a selection of "code snippets" that you can choose from to place the image in your post. Highlight the one you want, copy, and paste it into the Message box where you want the image to appear in the text of your post.
Make sure you copy the full line of code, including the square brackets [ and ]. I've had problems with missing the beginning or end if the line extends past the edge of the Add image/files box.
6. If everything works you should get something like this.
Which will give you this.
Hope this is helpful. If you have any questions, please ask.