I don't know if you've been following all the latest developments around My Opera, but I seem to have found one of the downsides.
First Opera introduced the Single Sign On, which basically means once you have created and signed in with your My Opera account you can acces any of Opera's services without having to log in again. :up:
Opera also launched a new web mail service and gave all My Opera members an account. :up:
Now one of the issues with this Single Sign On is that some My Opera members have user names which are not compatible with some services. Opera has realized this and have created a wizard which allows you to change your user name to something that will work everywhere. :up:
Now, my old username – Mickeyjoe_irl – did have a problem. The underscore _ is one of those characters which is not compatible, so I decided to use the wizard to fix this and allow me to use services like Opera Link and Opera Unite, unavailable to me up to now.
So I went through the wizard and changed my username to Mickeyjoe-Irl and everything seemed to go fine. I logged out, logged back in with my new details no problem. I then setup Opera Link and synced my speed dial between my laptop and Desiree. :up:
But when I checked my blog I noticed a problem, images were missing and links were broken. While the wizard will update your blog address and albums, it does NOT update any links you have included in your posts and comments. :no:
So I'm in the process of going through all my old blog posts fixing the links. Comments on other blogs will just have to stay broken. Even if I can find them the time limit for editing has likely expired. 😦
If you know of any links to me here on My Opera on your own blog you will have to check and update those as well.
Just to clarify you need to change
Sorry for the inconvenience.